Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New shoes that bite

New shoes always bite! It doesn't matter how well made or how expensive, new shoes worn for the first time always leaves me with huge blisters on my heel. And I'm whining cause I wore my new shoes today so I've got a huge blister on my heel. That just means I got to wear my birkenstocks until the blister goes away. Ugh. and yes, that also means this new pair of shoes they are going to be left on the shelf for quite some time.

Anyway, I just got back from my second bowling training session with STBC. Competition is next week and I'm injured! That is not too good news. :| Since my last bowling session, thanks to smallan's coaching, my thighs and butt were aching for like a week. That is an unusually long time for aching muscles to heal. But my thighs didn't hurt so much today, so I thought it was okay for me to go for a second training. While I was warming up, I felt a sharp pain on my left thigh. Uh oh. I knew for sure I wouldn't be able to play today. True enough, when it was my turn, it was so painful when I was in the last bowling position I just dropped the ball and watched it roll into the gutter. Haha. Think I strained my hamstring or something. Cause now, I can't cross my legs, and it sort of permanently hurts. (Not the aching hurt, but the sharp pain hurt) haha.

First a blister and then my thigh. That is very bad news, especially for this week since crit is in 1 week's time. But nvm, at least I still can walk. :) I'll be running around quite a bit the next few days cause I'll have to get materials, make prototypes.. There's quite a lot of work to be done. Let's hope I have something decent for presentation next tuesday.

No comments: