Saturday, December 06, 2008

No one has Wisdom like God has
No one Loves us like God does
No one is as Trustworthy as God is
No one is as Holy as God is

These four truths I think I've known them all along. Okay, maybe not KNOW, but I've heard of them all too often that I know that these are attributes of God. They are like very obvious truths, so much so that I've taken them for granted and they never really meant anything to me.

Last week during Children's Camp, these four truths were taught to us. It was repeated so many times that by the third day of camp, I think it was stuck in my head for good. There are many attributes of God that I know, or have heard of. But these four truths became clearer to me than before. It was rather comforting to know that God's wisdom, love, trustworthiness and holiness is like no one else's.

But now I thank God that I really do KNOW what these truths really mean. i.e. what it really really means for our God to be Holy. And i realised, what a huge difference it makes to truly know these truths. It just makes everything so clear, and everything seem so small that I'm like asking.. 'What on earth am I doing?'

And if I live knowing these truths, reminding myself of these truths, it makes it so much easier to put God first in everything. What scares me though is how quickly I can forget these truths, and allow everything else, and every single problem to pile up and cover up these four truths. Argh. Like how can i forget.

Yea, I also think it sounds really stupid that I can't even remember these four things. Gah, but I really want to remember it. Like every single minute, in everything I do. And yes.. thats what I'm going to try to do. To be reminded that..

No one has Wisdom like God has
No one Loves us like God does
No one is as Trustworthy as God is
No one is as Holy as God is

No comments: